Monday, March 2, 2009

More than a good read

There aren't many books around about SCOM 2007. For getting 'the job done' in order to pass the exam (70-400) the Sybex book 'Mastering System Center Operations Manager 2007 ' is a good read. However, when I finished this book it left me with many unanswered questions.

How happy I was when a colleague of mine showed me the book 'System Center Operations Manager 2007 Unleashed'. This book contains many many examples out of daily practice and describes SCOM in every detail. This book has become my personal 'SCOM bible'.

It is like 'All You Ever Wanted To Know About SCOM But Were Afraid To Ask'. Even the lesser known features of SCOM like ROM (Remote Operations Manager) are described.

So when I read this blogposting about a supplement to this book - all about SCOM R2 - it really made me happy. Can't wait to read it.

For all SCOM administrators/users/supporters out there all I can say: this book is a must have.

In conjunction with some very good blogs these are the BEST SCOM resources to be found.

To my opinion these are the best SCOM blogs:
- Kevin Holman
- Jonathan Almquist
- Russ Slaten
- Steve Rachui
- Jimmy Harper
- Knowledge Base of System Center Forum

Other good SCOM related sources:
- Updates about the newest SCOM Management Packs
- Updates about the newest SCOM KBs

Whenever you have a good source as well, share it with the community. Send me the link and I will update this posting with it.

No comments: