In order for this Report to run successfully, one needs to have the two basic Dell MPs (version 4.00 A00) imported and functional: Dell Base Hardware Library and Dell Windows Server (Scalable Edition).
Otherwise this procedure won’t work. Want to know more about the Dell MP? Go here.
How to create the Report:
- Go to Reporting > Microsoft Generic Report Library > Custom Configuration report. Double click it.
- The Report Parameter area will be displayed. Select for From: ‘Yesterday’. Click the Add Group button.
- Type ‘Dell Monolithic Servers’ and hit the Search button. The Dell Monolithic Servers Group will be found. Click Add > OK.
- For Report Fields select these fields:
- Display Name
- Additional OMSA url;s
- BIOS Version
- IP Address
- Server Administrator Console Launch
- OMSA Version
- Operating System
- Operating System Version
- Remote Access Console Launch
- Remote Access IP with IPMI Capability
- Service Tag
(Beware: the list of Report Fields isn’t set in alphabetical order..)
- Run the report:
This Report can be Published as well. As start date select an offset like –7 days. Give the Report a Logical Name AND a good explanation and publish it. This way this Report is always available and runs when double clicked, without the need to add/adjust any parameters.