Since SP1 for OM12 is still in beta the related TechNet article is pre-release documentation and subject to change in future releases.
Things I like very much are:
- AVIcode was capable of monitoring services build on the .NET Framework. Now it’s back in APM;
- APM: Automatic discovery of ASP.NET MVC3 and MVC4 Applications. So APM can cover them now as well;
- APM: New Transaction Types: MVC Pages and WCF Methods;
- APM is now enabled for SharePoint 20120;
- APM: Integration with Team Foundation Server 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2012;
- New MPs and support for Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8 (also for APM!);
- 360 degree .NET Application Monitoring Dashboards;
- ACS support for Dynamic Access Control;
- Additional UNIX and Linux Monitoring Capabilities:
- Ubuntu Linux;
- Improved Heartbeat Monitoring.
So a good product is about to become even better! Want to know more? Go here.