· Added support for discovery and monitoring of Windows Server 2008 R2 clusters.
· Disabled discovery and monitoring of resources by default.
· Discovers and monitors cluster shared volume resources only on Windows Server 2008 R2 clusters.
· Limited discovery of resource groups to a maximum of 300 resource groups per cluster.
· Disabled discovery of clustered objects on an Operations Manager root management server (RMS) cluster running Operations Manager 2007 R2.
· Fixed an issue where the DiscoverClustering.vbs script would fail to submit discovery data when there were WMI provider issues on the cluster node.
· Updated display strings and knowledge in the management pack.
· Updated discoveries to run every 4 hours.
· Updated the MAC Address property for the network adapter to use hyphens instead of colons.
· Disabled the Windows Time Service monitor for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 clusters because the cluster service has no dependency on the Time service.
· Disabled the WMI service monitor for all operating system versions of the management pack because the cluster service has no dependency on the WMI service.
· Added a Sync Time parameter to the discoveries and monitors for resources and resource groups to ensure that these do not run simultaneously or immediately after an agent is restarted.
· Disabled the following rules on Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 clusters, which would cause discovery to instantly run when cluster properties changed:
· Cluster object property changed
· Cluster object added
· Cluster object removed
· Cluster object changed property value
· Cluster object space changed due some addition
· Cluster object space changed due some deletion
. Cluster changes are now discovered on a schedule (by default, every 4 hours).
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Updated Cluster MP
Yesterday an updated Cluster MP has been released by Microsoft. Changes in this update are (taken from the guide):