That’s strange. Normally when this is happening, there is an update of that MP being pushed out by Microsoft which takes a while to go around the globe. So it’s time to visit the MP Catalog website. And yes, there it is, the NEW SQL Server Monitoring MP:
Other changes are:
- AlwaysOn Monitoring
- Automatically discover and monitor availability groups, availability replicas, and availability databases for hundreds of computers.
- Health roll-up from availability database to availability replicas.
- Detailed knowledge with every critical health state to enable faster resolution to a problem.
- Seamless integration with Policy based management (PBM)
- Auto-discover custom PBM polices targeting AlwaysOn and database components.
- Rollup of health of policy execution within the SQL monitoring pack under extended health.
- Support for Mirroring and Replication Monitoring (only applicable to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 version of management pack)
- Discover mirroring databases, witness, and mirroring group.
- Monitor database mirror state, database mirror witness state, and mirroring partners’ state.
- Custom diagram view to visually represent the primary and the mirrored databases.
- Approximately twenty rules to detect replication events.
- Improved Freespace monitoring with mount point support
So a very good MP even got better! Very good job guys! The new SQL Server Monitoring MP can be downloaded from here.