Friday, May 3, 2013

Bug Alert: SharePoint Server 2013 MP Issue - Not All Reports Are Uploaded To SSRS

Bumped into this issue where the SharePoint Server 2013 MP, version 15.0.4420.1017 doesn’t upload all Reports, contained in this MP, to the SSRS instance used by OM12.

This error is thrown in SCOM:

Data Warehouse failed to deploy reports for a management pack to SQL Reporting Services Server.
Alert Description:
Data Warehouse failed to deploy reports for a management pack to SQL Reporting Services Server. Failed to deploy reporting component to the SQL Server Reporting Services server. The operation will be retried.
Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to deploy reports for management pack with version dependent id 'edf9e0b9-65aa-df29-6729-d16f0005e820'. Failed to deploy linked report 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Server_Performance_Report'. Failed to convert management pack element reference '$MPElement[Name="Microsoft.SharePoint.Foundation.2013.Responsetime"]$' to guid. Check if MP element referenced exists in the MP. An object of class ManagementPackElement with ID 75668869-f88c-31f3-d081-409da1f06f0f was not found.
One or more workflows were affected by this.
Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Report
Instance name: 637353d9-d4eb-4bfe-9969-129c58c25584
Instance ID: {E9830B88-8A99-8F84-5EB3-EB7CEABFE473}
Management group: XYZ

image

None of the tricks to get this working gives a positive result. The only Reports to be found in OM12 are:

  1. Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Core Library > Report: SharePoint Foundation Performance;
  2. Microsoft SharePoint Server Core Library > Report: SharePoint Server Performance.

But MP Viewer shows there are more Linked Reports present in this MP:
image

On the TechNet Forum I found this thread all about the same issue. No matter what version of SQL Server you’re running, it happens. Doesn’t surprise me since the Alert clearly states it’s a MP related issue (…Failed to deploy linked report 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Server_Performance_Report'. Failed to convert management pack element reference '$MPElement[Name="Microsoft.SharePoint.Foundation.2013.Responsetime"]$' to guid…).

I wonder how many readers of this blog experience the same issue. So leave a comment to this posting (every comment has to be moderated by me before it appears on my blog, simply because the blog got way too much spam by using the comment option. On an average week I mark about 100+ comments as spam… So when you leave a comment it might take some time before you see it appear).

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, have the same thing here for that management pack. Very irritating error.

Marnix Wolf said...

Indeed, a simple and basic process of Q.C. (Quality Control) could avoid issues like these.

Ambers Ferrara said...

Same problem here. Any resolution to date?

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Ambers
Prblem is likely to be solved in a newer version. Release date is unknown :(.

Cheers
Marnix

Marcelo Guimarães said...

I'm getting this problem on Sharepoint 2013 MPs... and got no resolution 'til now! Frustrating...

Donald D'souza said...

Hi Marnix

We are also having the same issue. Any suggestions?

Regards
Donald Dsouza

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Donald.

No, I don't have any suggestions, I am sorry. Microsoft should have released an updated version of this MP containing fixes for many issues present in the current one. But until now, they don't deliver which is bad.

Cheers,
Marnix

Ziera Dawson said...

I'm also seeing this in a recent deployment for 2012 RU3. My error has a slight variant at the end:

Data Warehouse failed to deploy reports for a management pack to SQL Reporting Services Server. Failed to deploy reporting component to the SQL Server Reporting Services server. The operation will be retried.
Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to deploy reports for management pack with version dependent id 'edf9e0b9-65aa-df29-6729-d16f0005e820'. Failed to deploy linked report 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Server_Performance_Report'. Failed to convert management pack element reference '$MPElement[Name="Microsoft.SharePoint.Foundation.2013.Responsetime"]$' to guid. Check if MP element referenced exists in the MP. The user does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

I added the data reader account to the SCOM Administrators role, just hopeful, no change.

Jose Fehse said...

Same Here

JaGo said...

Microsoft released an updated version of this MP that should fix this issue

Marnix Wolf said...

HI JaGo.

That would be good, but until now I haven't seen this update.

When available, I'll go through the MP and update this posting accordingly.

Cheers,
Marnix