Friday, June 15, 2012

I passed for exam 071-246!

Phew! While attending MMS 2012 I did two beta exams, 071-247 and 071-246.

071-247 was really a tough one and most questions were just too hard for me. I certainly need to study on those topics! And indeed, I flunked for that exam, as I expected. Yet it wasn’t good news. But now at home I have built myself a whole new test lab running OM12, SCOrch, VMM 2012 and AppControl. Combined with MVA, online videos and some books, I will most certainly pass for that exam as well.

Another approach is bribing Gordon McKenna, a UK based MVP for years now (way before I became a MVP) since he helped to create these exams. My guess is however that I don’t have that amount of money :) nor that he’s willing to share that information :).

071-246 wasn’t that hard at all and this morning the result came in:
image

Yeah! Got that one in the pocket!

10 comments:

Stanislav Zhelyazkov said...

Congrats on passing 071-246 exam Marnix and good luck with 071-247 I am sure you will pass it next time. Was 246 very hard?

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Stanislav.

Thanks man. No 70-246 was easy especialliy compared to 247 which was a pain in the....

Cheers,
Marnix

Stanislav Zhelyazkov said...

Yep. exams for related SCCM tend to be very hard. Probably beacuse SCCM is one of the first products for SCCM and a lot of people know it and the product covers also a lot of tasks that you can do with it.

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Stanislav.

Exam 071-247 doesn't contain that many SCCM questions but many about SCVVM, SCSM, AppControl in relation to building yourself a PriaveCloud. Also about SANs and so on which can be a challenge as well.

Cheers,
Marnix

Stanislav Zhelyazkov said...

Hi Marnix,
One more question: Did you received automatically MCSE: Private cloud certificate (if you have the others of course)?

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Stanislav.

No I didn't since I did't pass for 071-247...,

Stanislav Zhelyazkov said...

Hi Marnix, I've decided to take the challenge inspired that by you passing 70-246. I've said why not give it a try if I fail at least I will have the experience and will know at what level I am. And lucky for me I've passed it and I am so happy I haven't felt so happy for exam since I achieved my first MS certificate. I also do not have 70-247 but MS says that 70-69 counts instead of it and I have it. I will let you know when my profile at MCP website is updated if I will receive MCSE Private cloud :)

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Stanislav.

Congrats man!

Cheers,
Marnix

Stanislav Zhelyazkov said...

Thanks Marnix,
Today I've received both certificates on MCP site. Hope to pass 247 soon and become MCSE: Private cloud as for sure you deserve such title more than me :).
Thank you for your great posts as they gave me key value for getting knowledge.

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Stanislav.

Good to hear and congrats!

Cheers
Marnix