Thursday, June 14, 2012

MCSE Private Cloud exams are live now!

MCSE has a new meaning now: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. The exams for the certification MCSE: Private Cloud are live now.

There are two exams for this certification:

  1. Exam 70-246: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
    This exam is designed to test the candidate's knowledge and skills on monitoring and operating a private cloud with System Center 2012.Candidates for the 70-246 exam have Windows Server, System Center 2012, security, high-availability, fault tolerance, and networking experience in an enterprise environment, candidates should also have basic Microsoft SQL Server and Windows PowerShell knowledge, and application configuration experience. Candidates are also familiar with ITIL and MOF concepts. These candidates might be the Active Directory Administrator, Virtualization Administrator, Enterprise Administrator, or System Center Administrator for their organizations.

  2. Exam 70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
    This exam is designed to test the candidate's knowledge and skills on configuring and deploying  a private cloud with System Center 2012.   Candidates for exam 70-247 use System Center 2012 products to install and configure a private cloud solution. They design, configure, and deploy the underlying infrastructure fabric of networking, storage, and compute resources. They standardize and automate configuration and deployment of applications. Candidates for this exam have Windows Server, Active Directory, System Center 2012, security, high availability, fault tolerance, and networking experience in an enterprise environment, basic Microsoft SQL Server and Windows PowerShell knowledge, and application configuration experience. Candidates are also familiar with ITIL and MOF concepts.

I did both exams in beta while attending MMS 2012. Sadly I failed for Exam 70-247. The results for exam 70-246 aren’t in yet. So these are exiting times for me. Just contacted Bob Cornelissen and he passed for Exam 70-247! Awesome! Congrats Bob.

To schedule your exam, visit Prometric’s Web site.

11 comments:

Peter Forster said...

Hi Marnix,
because of your post I just checked the Prometric site - don't you see already the information about 71-246?
Mine is passed - I took it on the MMS too
-Peter

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Pete

Congrats man! No, 70-246 hasn't a status yet, only TESTED.

Did you also pass for 70-247?

Cheers,
Marnix

Byty said...

I passed the beta from 71-246, the other one.. failed :(
The result is seen in this moment only on Prometric!

Byty said...

I passed 71-246, seen it on Prometric ;) 247 failed... but 1 from 2 is ok :)

Steve Beaumont said...

Hey Marnix,
Bad luck on the 247 exam, it was hard I thoughy, but I did pass it though!

I've just checked the prometric site again and my 246 has just changed from tested to passed!

Cheers,
SB

Marnix Wolf said...

Congrats Byty.

I passed that one as well :)

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Steve.

Good to hear man, congrats! Exam 071-247 was tough and I was unprepared so I think it's normal I flunked. At this moment I have built my self a testlab in order to train. So next time I'll pass as well :).

Cheers,
Marnix

Peter Forster said...

Hi Marnix,
I did not took 247... :-)
-Peter

Unknown said...

I am looking at getting this book for the exam "Microsoft System Center 2012 Unleashed" what do you think?

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi Ian.

Funny thing is, just today I got the book delivered at home. A quick glance in this book shows me this book is a high level overview of all SC 2012 components which is a good start but nothing more. In order to pass for those examns you really need good handson experience with the SC2012 products. For 071-246 you need handson experience with maintaining such an environment and for 071-247 more experience with designing amd building it. 247 killed me since I lacked the required skills, bit I am working on them now. As a matter of a fact I will soon post an article about the adviced books and available courses (paid and free) in order to be well equipped for these exams.

Cheers,
Marnix

Unknown said...

Hi Marnix.
I will be watching this space ! Thanks Ian