Before you start to download and install it however there are some SERIOUS issues you need to reckon with though:
- CTP1 cannot be upgraded to CTP2 and CTP2 will not be upgradable to Beta.
- CTP builds are not supported for production use, even for TAP customers.
- All components now support Windows Server 2012 RC and SQL Server 2012.
So think before you click.
CTP2 contains these improvements for OM12:
- Support for installing the product on Windows Server 2012 for all components: agent, server, databases, etc;
- Support for using SQL Server 2012 to host the databases;
- Support for IIS8 / Windows Server 2012 RC in APM (this requires the monitoring packs for Windows Server "8" beta that are released to TAP customers);
- Support Monitoring of Windows Services built on the .NET Framework with APM;
- ASP.NET MVC3 and MVC4 applications are discovered automatically by APM;
- New Transaction types in APM for MVC pages and WCF methods; it is also now possible to define transactions on WCF endpoints;
- Enhancements in the way WCF parameters are displayed in APM events;
- Monitoring of applications that make use of Azure Storage with APM is now aware of Azure tables, blobs, queues as SQL Azure calls;
- Dashboard showing combined health and SLAs for an application monitored thru both Synthetic transactions as well as APM.
And it introduces GSM as well:
a new cloud enabled capability called “Global Service Monitor” (GSM) extends the application monitoring in System Center 2012 to enable you to add “outside-in” testing to incorporate a true reflection of users’ experience of your web site or web application. To evaluate System Center 2012 SP1 with GSM, sign up for the customer preview of GSM.
- CTP builds are not upgradable and not supported for production use.
- Procedures not covered in the documentation might not work.
- Service Pack 1 CTP2 for all System Center 2012 components;
- Technical documentation for Service Pack 1 CTP2.
Much of this posting has been copied and pasted from this posting written by Daniele Muscetta. I don’t think he’ll mind but just for the records :).