Therefore it’s good to know the community has decided to built their own MP on top of it, the Hyper-V MP Extensions 2012. This MP can be downloaded from CodePlex.
This MP monitors the performance of Hyper-V servers and clusters based on Windows Server 2012 technology. This MP works with SCOM 2012 RTM, however SCOM 2012 SP1 is recommended.
What this MP does (taken directly from the website):
- VMs Integration Services Version monitor
- Hyper-V Replica Health Monitoring Dashboard and States
- SMB Shares I/O latency monitor
Already present since the previous version:
- Hyper-V Hypervisor Logical processor monitoring
- Hyper-V Hypervisor Virtual processor monitoring
- Hyper-V Dynamic Memory monitoring
- Hyper-V Virtual Networks monitoring
- NUMA remote pages monitoring
- SLAT enabled processor detection
- Hyper-V VHDs monitoring
- Physical and Logical Disk monitoring
- Host Available Memory monitoring
- Stopped and Failed VMs monitoring
- Failed Live Migrations monitoring
Two additional comments:
1: Please take note of the other requirements as well, as stated on the same webpage.
2: Kevin Holman has written a posting about this MP providing some additional solid information.