- DLL file is missing in a certain folder. Already blogged about that one, to be found here;
- Wrong SQL server is configured. Stop JBoss and correct the file ~\JBoss\server\default\deploy\opalis-ds.xml, save it and restart JBoss;
- A firewall is blocking the traffic;
- The SQL server is not accepting TCP traffic from remote hosts;
- When the Kelverion tool is used and the Opalis Operator Console is configured as a service, it runs under local system. Many times that account doesn’t have access to SQL. So correct that by allowing that account in SQL or changing the account this service runs under to one which is allowed access to SQL.
Hope this helps.