Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Installing OM12 In Secured Environments: Using The Tool MomCertImport.exe

Bumped into this issue when running the tool MomCertImport.exe on a secured OM12 Management Server. This message was shown: ‘…I want to complete this action by entering my credentials on the authentic Windows logon screen…':
clip_image002[5]

Normally this isn’t an issue and when encountering such a message in a RDP session, one can select the option I want to complete this action by entering my credentials on the authentic Windows logon screen, hit <CTRL> <ALT> <END> and enter the required credentials.
clip_image002[9]

However, in this case the RDP session was a ‘double-hop’ AKA a RDP session in another one. So when I hit <CTRL> <ALT> <END> I got the logon screen related to my first RDP session and not the one which mattered, the second one.

Starting the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe) didn’t work here as well.

Solution
This one is really SIMPLE only when you know it. When you don’t you’re looking everywhere for an answer. Gladly a systems engineer of the customer pointed this one out to me which saved me a lot of time.

After having selected the option I want to complete this action by entering my credentials on the authentic Windows logon screen, you go to the start button and select the option Windows Security, as depicted here:
clip_image002[11]

Now all is well and MomCertImport.exe will continue to function Glimlach.

As you can see, live is never dull and an installation of OM12 never the same…

1 comment:

Patch said...

Thank you! I've been going nuts with this for the last half an hour :)