Thursday, August 16, 2012

IPD Guide (Beta) For OM12 Is Available

Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guides are documents which describe the infrastructure design elements of the related products in detail so a successful implementation of those very same products is possible.

IMO these guides are awesome material and when followed one will most certainly run a successful design/implementation of the products involved, tailored to the requirements of the organization. These IPD guides are available for free, so there is no excuse NOT to read nor use them…

Yesterday Microsoft published the Beta IPD Guide for OM12
image

Taken directly from the webpage: ‘…This guide outlines the infrastructure design elements that are crucial to a successful implementation of Operations Manager. It guides you through the process of designing components, layout, and connectivity in a logical, sequential order. You'll find easy-to-follow steps on identification and design of the required management groups, helping you to optimize the management infrastructure…’

IPD Guide for OM12 can be found here. (Please note: You need to be registered in order to download the IPD Guide. Registration is free.)

I got many comments from my readers not being able to download this IPD Guide. As a service to my readers, and as long as Microsoft allows me to do so, I share this guide from my SkyDrive. It can be downloaded from here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I try to download:
"The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it."

Marnix Wolf said...

HI Павел Смыков

Sorry to hear that. Are you registered on the Microsoft Connect website? Registration is free but required.

Cheers,
Marnix

Sameer said...

I am also getting the page not found! and I am logged into connect with my credentials..

Marnix Wolf said...

Hi all.

I have downloaded the IPD Guide and put it on my SkyDrive. My blogposting is updated with the link to my SkyDrive.

Cheers,
Marnix